First Blog Post - Abigail Williamson

     

   1.      A paragraph introducing yourself:

     Hello everyone, my name is Abigail but I go by Abby. Whatever you choose to call me is fine (if you can come up with a fun nickname more points to you). My father is in the military so my family has moved around a lot. Some places we have lived in include Germany, South Korea, and Japan. I currently live in Colorado and will be moving to Missouri this summer. My hobbies include reading (novels and comics), crafting, cartoons, playing piano, watching movies and discussing them, and cooking. Generally, my favorite movie/tv genres are comedies and horrors but I enjoy all types. One of my all-time favorite shows is Bob’s Burgers. Currently, I’m working on earning my bachelor’s degree in fine art. When I graduate my goals are to become a storyboard/character designer for Pixar and indie games, illustrate children’s books, and design art toys. 

2.    Upload an image of a work of art you find appealing.

The work of art I decided to upload is the opening sequence of the show Adventure Time. 


1.      3.      Describe in a paragraph your relationship to art.  Do you paint, sculpt or draw? Do you own any art? Do attend First Fridays? Do you enjoy going to art museums? 

    I have enjoyed creating and consuming art since I can remember. Watching cartoons in the morning and then going to draw with crayons was the best way to start the day as a kid. Nowadays I enjoy painting both on canvas and other objects, sewing felt ornaments, sculpting, and recently, digital art. I own art that both myself and others have made. Art toys make up a large part of my collection but I also have prints and other objects from online and fairs/markets. I haven’t been to any First Fridays. I do enjoy going to art museums especially if they have an exhibit of an artist that I particularly appreciate. 

1.      4.     A link to an external site to content on the web that relates to the arts. 

        The link I decided to include for my first blog post related to the arts is the YouTube channel of the creator LavanderTown.https://www.youtube.com/@LavenderTowne  I find her work both very entertaining and informative.





Comments

  1. Fantastic! I have a friend who is an illustrator for kids textbooks of all things. I am familiar with Lavender Towne. I also have a Patreon site and as part of learning more about my business I encountered her and her work in a forum for creators on Patreon. She does very cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Abigail, I think your goals for the future sound awesome! I remember in middle school and earlier high school when I would draw and write mini books because I had wanted to do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Western Art Analysis